Course Code: 018
A carefully prepared feasibility study is the basis of any successful project. This course outlines the principles of feasibility studies to assess and plan projects in its different stages from pre-investment to the execution, operational and the evaluation.
- Introduction to financial applications using Microsoft Excel.
- Project scheduling using Microsoft Project.
- Feasibility Studies Financial Analysis Software Package Comfar developed by Unido
- The course instructors are experts in the field with over three decades of experience
Economist and Engineers involved in the preparation of feasibility studies
36 Hrs + 15 Hours Excel, 24 Hours Ms Project, 18 Hours Comfar
- The Project cycle
- Sudan Investment Environment and Investment Laws.
- Marketing Studies (Current & Future Demand–Predicting Demand–Basis of Predictions).
- Site and Civil works.
- Production processes.
- Production requirements.
- Man power and organizational charts.
- Feasibility of equipment, machinery and transportation.
- Furniture. Assessment of investment and operational costs.
- Cash flows
- Profit assessment methods.
- Project planning and scheduling
- Critical path Pert/time Pert/cost
Types of Engineering project, (Agriculture – Industrial – Real Estate – Commercial)
Technical studies (Agricultural–Industrial - Real Estate–Commercial).
Sources and nature of finance
Risk analysisSimple method. Sensitivity analysis. Probabilistic methods.
Post operations assessment (technical/administration/market/financial )